3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies are soft and fluffy, bursting with chocolate chips, and ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes! The perfect dessert to enjoy all throughout the fall!
The Flavors of Fall
When the leaves start to change colors, it’s time for all the fall flavors like comfort soups, warm drinks, and everything pumpkin. Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies are the easiest dessert to enjoy all autumn long. Only 3 ingredients are needed- pumpkin, cake mix, and chocolate chip cookies. Just mix, scoop, and bake! 20 minutes later and you’ll be devouring these sweet soft treats.
- Pumpkin Puree– this is the main ingredient that gives it texture and flavor. Be sure to use just pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Spice Cake Mix– this cake mix has the best flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness and spice.
- Chocolate Chips– this could be optional but everything is better with chocolate!
How to make it
These cookies are so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Dump pumpkin puree, spice cake mix, and chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Mix it all together until well combined and there are chocolate chips throughout. The dough will be really sticky.
- Scoop onto a lined cookie sheet. The cookies don’t change their shape or spread much when baking and they will bake up round and fluffy. I like my cookies a little flatter so I pushed them down slightly with my hand. The dough is really sticky so this can get a little tricky.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
There are so many ways to switch up this recipe and add-in that would taste delicious! Here are a few I came up with.
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 15.25 ounces Spice Cake Mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, cake mix, and chocolate chips until well combined. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough onto the baking sheet. Cookies will not change shape when baking. For flatter cookies, slightly press down on the dough using your fingers.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
* The dough will be sticky when mixed together.
* Try various add-ins like white chocolate or cranberries.
* Store at room temperature or freeze for up to 3 months.
~Nutritional values and cook time vary due to differences in appliance temperatures and product selection.