Revealed on February 13, 2020
Now that Open Enrollment is over, you may enroll in or change Market protection solely you probably have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or shedding well being protection, that qualifies you for a
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 fundamental kinds of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not via your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family adjustments: Marriage, youngster delivery or adoption, divorce, or dying
- Residence adjustments: Sure family strikes, like shifting to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like revenue adjustments): Modifications that make you not eligible for Medicaid or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and so forth.
See the full list of life events.
How do I apply for 2020 protection via a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- In case you qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an current one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- You could be requested to submit paperwork to substantiate the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Unsure your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply a few quick questions to search out out.