Woodford Reserve Barrel Completed Choose Double Oaked
1. What they are saying
An revolutionary strategy to twice-barreled bourbon creates the wealthy and colourful taste of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Uniquely matured in separate, charred oak barrels – the second barrel deeply toasted earlier than a light-weight charring – extracts further gentle, candy oak character.
2. Official tasting notes
- NOSE Wealthy notes of darkish fruit, caramel, sharp honey, chocolate, marzipan and toasted oak.
- TASTE A full-bodied mixture of vanilla, darkish caramel, hazelnut, apple, fruit and spices.
- FINISH Lengthy and creamy with lingering hints of honeyed apple.
- ABV 45.2%
- Age NAS
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Double Oaked
- Cask American Oak
- Class Kentucky straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Value £60
- Origin Woodford Reserve Distillery
- Area Kentucky, USA
- Launched 2014
4. What I say
I’m at present having fun with the sweetness of Bourbon and so determined to pick a few examples to attempt. The primary is Woodford Reserve Bourbon double cask matured. Right here utilizing a second cask that’s closely toasted and flippantly charred. The sweetness of this one actually ticked the field for me because it was precisely what I used to be searching for.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Color Darkish golden brown (16/20) medium-large, gradual tears and medium legs.
- Nostril Candy, vanillic, woody oak, toffee, popcorn, spun sugar, wealthy toffee and caramel, milk chocolate and marzipan.
- Style Medium-bodied, clean and candy, chewy caramels, toffee-coated popcorn, buttery, vanilla, hazelnut, some fruity apple with gentle woody spices like cinnamon.
- End Lengthy, fruity, woody, honey a contact spirity and fibrous oak wooden later.
A really pleasant and easy-drinking Bourbon expression sweetness considerably tempered by toasty oak and the flavours it imbues.
7. Rating 84/100
Classes: America, Woodford Reserve