Should you’re a fan of cheesecake and pineapple, then this pineapple pie recipe is bound to grow to be a brand new favourite. The layers of candy pineapple and creamy cheesecake in a flaky crust is solely irresistible. Whether or not you’re internet hosting a celebration or simply on the lookout for a candy indulgence, this Pineapple Cheesecake Pie is bound to fulfill your cravings.
This publish comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes This Pineapple Pie So Good?
Consider this pie as a much less dense, upside-down model of cheesecake with pineapple topping, and you’ve got a fairly good thought of how excessive on the yum issue it scores. The candy and tart pineapples lower by the decadence of the cream cheese to rework this pie right into a wealthy however refreshing dessert.
One style and you’ll inform how the flavour of candy pineapple and creamy cheesecake go so properly collectively.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe For Pineapple Pie
You don’t have to fret about water baths, cake tins with detachable bottoms, or another particular methods or gear that make making common cheesecake such a problem. You don’t have to cut up a recent pineapple both.
Going with a ready pie shell makes this Pineapple Pie recipe so extremely simple that you just received’t suppose twice about baking it on some random Thursday.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie Components
For this Pineapple Pie recipe with cream cheese, you’ll want these easy substances:
- Canned pineapple – crushed
- Cream cheese
- Entire milk
- Vanilla extract
- Pie shell, unbaked
- Pecans, roughly chopped
For simplicity, select a pre-made pie shell, or go all out and make your individual crust. You would additionally use a pre-made graham cracker crust, home made graham cracker crust, cookie crumble crust, and even go crustless!
You possibly can add some lemon zest or a teaspoon of lemon juice to the cheesecake filling for a lightweight citrus contact.
Easy methods to Make This Pineapple Pie
To arrange the filling:
- Set the cream cheese on the counter to melt.
- Whisk collectively a half-cup of sugar and all of the cornstarch.
- Set a saucepan over medium warmth.
- Pour the can of crushed pineapples, together with any liquid, into the saucepan.
- Stir the sugar and cornstarch combination into the crushed pineapples.
- Proceed to stir till the crushed pineapples start to thicken. Take away the pineapple pie filling from the warmth and put aside to chill.
- Add the softened cream cheese, salt, and the remaining sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or a big bowl.
- Utilizing a stand mixer or a hand mixer, combine on a medium setting till easy.
- Scale back the mixer pace to low, and add one egg at a time whereas persevering with to combine.
- Add the entire milk and vanilla extract to the remainder of the filling and blend for ten extra seconds.
To fill the pie shell:
- If utilizing a refrigerated pie crust, place it in a pie pan, fold below the sting, and crimp it into your most well-liked form.
- Unfold the nice and cozy, thickened crushed pineapples on the underside of the ready pie crust.
- Cowl the crushed pineapples with the cream cheese combination and easy it to the sting of the pie with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the pecans on prime of the cream cheese combination.
To bake the Pineapple Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
- Place the pie within the preheated oven and bake for ten minutes. Flip the warmth all the way down to 350°F and bake pineapple pie for 50 extra minutes.
- Cool the pie within the pie tin on a wire rack.
- As soon as the pie reaches room temperature, wrap the pie and place it within the fridge to relax.
- Serve properly chilled.
What to Serve With It?
Strive topping the chilled pie with Cool Whip whipped topping or home made whipped cream and crumbled sugar cookies, chopped dried pineapple slices, or recent pineapple chunks.
Would you like a extra tropical vibe? Then don’t add the crushed pecans earlier than baking, and as a substitute sprinkle a skinny layer of desiccated coconut and some halved maraschino cherries on prime of the chilled pie.
Easy methods to Retailer
It is advisable maintain this pie chilly to stop it from spoiling. To forestall the cream cheese filling from drying out, you have to to cowl the highest or put it in an hermetic container like a pie storage container. The freshly made pie or leftovers will last as long as 3 days within the fridge.
To freeze the pie, wrap it with a layer of plastic wrap after which a layer of aluminum foil. Retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw it within the fridge in a single day.
How Lengthy Will Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie
Pineapple Pie ought to final three days within the fridge, however the crust might get a bit of soggy if the pineapple combination doesn’t arrange sufficient.
Extra Pineapple Recipes
Should you love pineapple, these recipes are for you!
Favourite Fruity Pie Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple pie recipes and one of the best Thanksgiving dessert recipes on CopyKat!
This pineapple cheesecake pie is really easy to place collectively, and ideal for once you need one thing tropical.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar divided use
- 1 can (9 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Mix the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Add the pineapple and cook dinner over medium warmth, stirring always, till thick and clear. Take away from the warmth and let the combination cool to room temperature.
Mix the cream cheese, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl. Combine properly. Add the eggs separately, beating properly after every addition. Mix within the milk and vanilla.
When the pineapple combination has cooled, switch it to the pie shell. Pour the cream cheese combination over the pineapple and sprinkle the pecans on prime.
Bake for 10 minutes. Scale back the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an extra 50 minutes. Let the pie cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate till able to serve.
Energy: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 21g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1.3mg