PF Chang’s Hen Lettuce Wraps are an exquisite appetizer or gentle meal. Asian spiced hen is stir-fried with greens and served in cool lettuce cups. This copycat recipe for Asian lettuce wraps is made with boneless skinless hen breasts and a scrumptious savory sauce. The primary time you’ll do this recipe, it would be best to make it many times.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
P.F. Chang’s Hen Lettuce Wraps are a tasty appetizer for a lightweight meal. Asian spiced hen is stir-fried with greens and served with recent lettuce cups.
If you could find mung bean noodles, it would be best to fry these up and serve them with these yummy Thai lettuce wraps.
The meals at P.F. Chang’s is extremely good, however chances are you’ll not reside close to one. Nonetheless, now you can also make these Thai wraps in your individual kitchen.
These hen lettuce wraps are savory and scrumptious. What’s extra, they don’t pile on energy. They’re excessive in protein and low in carbs. Wholesome AND scrumptious meals is such a win.
This recipe is a copycat model of P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps served within the restaurant.
What Makes the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps So Good?
Today, everybody desires to eat higher, however nobody desires to sacrifice implausible taste with a view to save just a few energy. That’s one drawback you gained’t have to fret about once you make Hen Lettuce Wraps.
With this PF Changs Lettuce Wraps recipe, you get all of the style of your favourite eggroll with out the fats and grease that comes with deep frying.
Why This Is the Recipe You Should Strive For Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps.
This recipe doesn’t skimp on the subject of the filling. It’s chockfull of various sorts of veggies, cellophane noodles, crunchy water chestnuts, and, after all, chunks of completely seasoned hen.
Do that home made model of PF Changs Hen Lettuce Wraps, and chances are you’ll discover that you simply prefer it a complete lot higher than those they serve on the restaurant. This hen has a lot taste, you’re going to love this copycat model of the lettuce wraps.
What are PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Made Of?
Right here’s an inventory of elements you want to make this PF Chang lettuce wrap recipe:
- Sherry or purple wine
- Soy sauce – you should utilize low-sodium soy sauce
- Boneless skinless hen breasts – you might use floor hen if desired. floor turkey will work in a pinch
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- Recent ginger
- Garlic cloves
- Inexperienced onions
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Bamboo shoots
- Water chestnuts
- Chinese language cellophane noodles
- Hoisin sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sugar – brown sugar is a pleasant substitute
- Lettuce – you should utilize a head of butter lettuce, or common iceberg lettuce, each work properly.
What Lettuce Do You Use for Lettuce Wraps?
Any number of lettuce with a light taste and huge leaves is appropriate for this recipe.
Butter lettuce’s spherical, bowl-like leaves, and gentle style make this sort of lettuce nearly good. Nonetheless, in case you can’t discover Butter lettuce, one other good possibility is iceberg lettuce with its massive and really bland leaves
The way to Make PF Chang Lettuce Wraps
- In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, oyster sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce, and water. Add hen and stir to coat completely.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of oil to the hen combination and let sit for quarter-hour.
- Chop hen into small items. Discard marinade.
- Warmth a wok or massive skillet over medium-high warmth.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to the wok after which add hen and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take away hen to a plate or bowl and put aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onion, and stir-fry for a minute or so.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the hen to the wok. Add cooking sauce to the wok. Stir to mix.
- Cook dinner till thickened and sizzling. You could wish to style these and see if you want to season them with salt or extra soy sauce.
- Put together noodles in line with bundle directions.
- Take away the lettuce leaves from the core whereas the noodles are cooking.
- Break cooked cellophane noodles into small items and canopy the underside of serving the dish with them.
- Pour hen combination on high of noodles.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.
If you’re planning to serve this for company as an appetizer, I like to recommend going with smaller leaves of lettuce, similar to butter lettuce. This manner, company will likely be restricted to spooning a lesser quantity of filling.
Ideas for Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Make Forward of Time – You may simply make this recipe prematurely. Go forward and make the filling as much as two days earlier than then reheat it within the microwave or a big skillet.
- Reheating the Filling – From recent: Sprinkle slightly little bit of water on the filling, then reheat within the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring midway via. You may as well reheat it on the stovetop in a skillet for 3-4
minutes. From frozen: Let the filling defrost within the fridge in a single day, then comply with the identical directions above. Add to recent lettuce and luxuriate in!
- Storing Leftovers – The leftovers from this recipe will last as long as 5 days within the fridge. However don’t save leftover filling on the lettuce as a result of the lettuce will get soggy.
- Freezing the Filling – You may freeze the filling in glass containers for as much as three months.
- Taking it to Work – A good suggestion is to retailer the filling within the backside of a mason jar after which add chopped lettuce on high in order that the 2 elements keep separated. Have a yummy Thai lunch at your desk.
How Do You Serve Lettuce Wraps?
Once you serve these copycat PF Chang Lettuce Wraps, preserve the lettuce and heat hen filling separate to stop the leaves from wilting. Let your company roll their very own wraps, and don’t overlook to offer some additional hoisin, duck, and chili sauces for individuals who wish to add slightly extra taste. Might wish to serve this with the PF Chang’s Chang Mai Tai and the PF Changs Orange Hen.
What To Serve With This PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
One or two of those lettuce wraps per individual is a lot as an appetizer portion, when you ought to plan on serving 5 – 6 lettuce wraps per individual for a lightweight meal.
Though you possibly can simply get away with none aspect dishes, combined greens, fried rice, or pickled daikons, all go extremely properly with these copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps.
How To Retailer This PF Changs Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Preserve the hen filling in an hermetic container within the fridge. Assist the lettuce keep recent for longer by wrapping it in a paper towel and placing it within the crisper.
You should definitely change the paper towel in case you discover it’s getting damp. You may retailer the hen filling for as much as 4 days, and the lettuce will preserve for as much as three weeks.
PF Chang Lettuce Wrap Recipe FAQs
Why Are There So Many Carbs in PF Changs Lettuce Wraps?
At 77 grams of carbs per platter, as served on the restaurant, these lettuce wraps are undoubtedly not low-carb. The excessive carb rely isn’t just due to the cellophane noodles. Hoisin sauce, water chestnuts, cornstarch, sugar, and even shiitake mushrooms all have carbs.
How Many Energy Are in PF Changs Lettuce Wraps?
In keeping with a dietary menu, the hen lettuce wraps have 710 energy as served on the restaurant, with 210 of these energy coming from fats.
Are Lettuce Wraps Gluten-Free?
Sure, primarily based on PF Chang’s web site, the chain’s hen lettuce wraps are thought-about to be gluten-free.
Love yummy Thai meals? Strive these recipes!
Widespread Asian Recipes
You should definitely try extra of my simple Asian recipes and the perfect restaurant copycat recipes right here on CopyKat.com!
And, I’d love to listen to what your favourite Thai dish is – be at liberty to drop me a line within the feedback.
PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
PF Chang’s Hen Lettuce Wraps are scrumptious, wholesome, and filled with Asian flavors. Learn how make them at house with this simple copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or purple wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sherry or purple wine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 kilos boneless skinless hen breasts
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced inexperienced onions
- 1 cup minced shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces minced bamboo shoots
- 8 ounces minced water chestnuts
- 6 ounces Chinese language cellophane noodles ready in line with bundle instructions
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and leaves taken off the top however left entire
Marinade and Filling
In a medium bowl, mix the marinade elements and blend properly.
Add the hen and stir to coat completely.
Stir in 1 teaspoon oil and let it sit for quarter-hour.
Take away the hen from the bowl and chop into smaller items.
Warmth a wok or massive skillet over medium-high warmth. Add 3 tablespoons oil.
When the oil is sizzling, add the hen and stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes. Take away the hen from the pan and put aside.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. When it’s sizzling, add the ginger, garlic, and inexperienced onions, and stir-fry for a minute or so.
Add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts, and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Return the hen to the pan together with the cooking sauce. Cook dinner till thickened and sizzling.
Break the cooked cellophane noodles into small items and canopy the underside of a serving dish with them.
Scoop the hen combination on high of noodles.
Serve the lettuce leaves alongside, permitting everybody to take what they need, individually spooning the filling into the lettuce leaves and rolling them up like a burrito.
Energy: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 41g | Fats: 23g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Ldl cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 961mg | Potassium: 1147mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Because of MarcyG76 for sharing this recipe.