Mild, creamy, and loaded with cookie items, my Oreo Pie recipe yields a easy and oh-so-tasty, no-bake recipe. This pie comes collectively shortly and may be prepped in simply quarter-hour. Recipe features a how-to video!
No-Bake Oreo Pie With out Cool Whip
After a swell of sizzling days this early spring, I re-remembered how good it’s to have the choice to whip up one thing candy with out turning on the oven. This Oreo pie is a kind of recipes that’s each bit as filling, tasty, and well-rounded as its baked dessert counterparts, but it surely’s simply a lot simpler to make, and no 350-degree oven warming up your kitchen.
This recipe is customized from my well-loved no-bake cheesecake and is served over a crisp, straightforward Oreo crust. Simply quarter-hour of prep (you don’t even need to separate the Oreos from the cream with this one!), and it’s able to go within the fridge (or, if you need issues extra-frosty, the freezer)!
Oreo pie shouldn’t be too candy, making it excellent for individuals who want their desserts on the less-cloying aspect (additionally making it excellent for summer time whenever you don’t need something too heavy).
Utilizing do-it-yourself whipped cream (somewhat that stuff within the blue plastic tub) means we get a extra pure, recent taste and a melt-in-your-mouth lightness (and with out an excessive amount of synthetic style — we get sufficient of that from the Oreos 😉). Contrasted in opposition to a crisp cookie crust, it’s a dreamy mixture.
Why you must attempt it:
- Lower than 10 components required.
- No-bake: excellent for decent summer time days!
- Solely quarter-hour to prep.
- Customizable: use your favourite Oreo taste.
- Good to your vacation dessert desk.
What You Want
Simply 7 components are wanted for my Oreo pie recipe. Right here’s what you want.
- Cream cheese + bitter cream. This tangy duo is a should in all of my cheesecake recipes. These components not solely lend themselves to the durability (cream cheese) and creaminess (bitter cream and cream cheese collectively) of the pie, however in addition they counter the sweetness of the sugar, making this a not-too-sweet dessert choice. Be sure that to make use of full-fat, brick model cream cheese; the spreadable type offered in tubs simply gained’t arrange correctly.
- Oreos. Use common or “double stuf” Oreos and there’s no have to take away the filling (for both the crust or the pie filling).
- Heavy cream. Double cream or whipping cream can even work right here. Word that when you use natural (as I used within the photographs) it doesn’t whip as much as be fairly as fluffy as non-organic.
- Butter. Only a bit to type the crust. You should utilize both salted or unsalted butter right here–both work superb.
- Vanilla. Be happy to make use of do-it-yourself vanilla extract in case you have some readily available!
SAM’S TIP: Wish to swap up your Oreo taste? Go for it! Peanut butter Oreos or mint Oreos can be my first decisions, however be happy to experiment together with your favourite taste (and let me know the way it seems!).
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the components I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the submit!
Find out how to Make Oreo Pie
- Pulse the Oreos to superb crumbs and add melted butter. Toss all the things collectively till the crumbs are well-coated.
- Firmly press the crumbs right into a 9.5″ pie plate to type a crust. Set this within the fridge to sit back when you put together your filling.
- Make the whipped cream: Whip the heavy cream and half the powdered sugar to stiff peaks, then put aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, remaining sugar, bitter cream, and vanilla till easy. It’s necessary that your cream cheese be room temperature earlier than you employ it, in any other case it tends to remain fairly lumpy and you might have lumps in your pie.
- Fold collectively the whipped cream and cream cheese combination till uniform. Be mild with this step and use a spatula (not an electrical mixer), as we don’t wish to deflate our whipped cream.
- Gently fold within the damaged Oreo items so they’re evenly distributed. Once more, do that half by hand!
SAM’S TIP: Need your pie to be pure white like in my photographs? Place your damaged Oreo items in a strainer and provides it a great shake earlier than including them! This can let all of the tiny cookie crumbs fall out, providing you with a crisp white pie filling (versus a grey filling, which continues to be simply as tasty).
- Pour into ready Oreo crust and use a spatula to easy the highest. Cowl with plastic wrap and let chill within the fridge for no less than 6 hours, ideally in a single day. For a firmer cheesecake, you’ll be able to freeze as a substitute.
- Embellish and serve! Take away the plastic wrap and adorn with piped do-it-yourself whipped cream. I like to make use of an Ateco 846 tip for this!
Continuously Requested Questions
Nope! The fantastic thing about this entire Oreo pie is that it doesn’t must be baked. Simply let it sit when you put together your filling, after which it would proceed to arrange within the fridge with the filling in the course of the chilling step.
Sure! Simply be certain to cowl it nicely so it doesn’t take up any odors out of your freezer. Oreo pie may be frozen for as much as XX months.
Sure, however you’ll have further filling when you do. My recipe is designed for a 9.5″ pie plate, and most store-bought crusts are smaller than that. You do not want to bake a pre-made crust earlier than including the filling.
I’m certain you might, however actually suggest going with do-it-yourself whipped cream right here. It’s really easy to make, incorporates no preservatives or oils, and the flavour is unparalleled.
If you happen to’re on the lookout for extra easy-breezy summertime desserts, attempt my peanut butter pie or chocolate icebox pie subsequent!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! If you happen to do this recipe, be sure you tag me on Instagram, and you may also discover me on YouTube and Fb
Servings: 8 servings
Stop your display from going darkish
Place cookies within the basin of a meals processor and pulse in 1-second intervals till you’ve gotten superb crumbs.
25 Oreo cookies
Pour crumbs into a big mixing bowl and pour melted butter overtop. Use a spoon or spatula to combine collectively cookie crumbs and butter till all crumbs have been coated.
4 Tablespoons (55 g) butter
Pour right into a 9.5” pie plate and press firmly into the underside and up the edges. Place pie crust within the fridge when you put together the filling.
Pour heavy cream into a big mixing bowl and add about ½ cup (62g) powdered sugar.
1 ½ cups (354 ml) heavy cream, 1 cup (125 g) powdered sugar
Use an electrical mixer to beat till you’ve gotten stiff, fluffy peaks. Put aside.
In a separate giant mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, remaining powdered sugar (about 63g), bitter cream, and vanilla extract till easy and well-combined.
16 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup (56 g) bitter cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add whipped cream to cream cheese combination and use a spatula to softly fold collectively till combination is uniform.
Add damaged Oreo items and gently fold collectively till nicely distributed. Pour filling into ready pie crust, cowl with plastic wrap, and chill within the fridge for no less than 6 hours (ideally in a single day) and as much as 4 days earlier than having fun with (pie may additionally be frozen). If desired, high with whipped cream earlier than serving.
15 Oreo cookies, Whipped cream for topping
It’s possible you’ll use a smaller pie plate however be aware that you might have to discard some filling. This shall be an excessive amount of filling for many store-bought crusts.
Use full-fat (not low-fat) cream cheese, ideally the type offered in brick-shape. Don’t use “spreadable” cream cheese that’s offered in tubs.
If you need your pie to be clear white (as a substitute of muddied with superb crumbs) break your cookies right into a superb mesh sieve and shake out the small crumbs into the trash earlier than including the cookies to your pie.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 753kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 8g | Fats: 54g | Saturated Fats: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 16g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 1638IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 7mg
Dietary data is predicated on third-party calculations and must be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will range primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.