This gramigna pasta recipe from Bologna is among the many best sausage pasta dishes to arrange! With simply three major components, it makes a scrumptious, hearty meal that’s notably widespread with kids in Italy.
Regardless of not being as well-known as different basic pasta dishes from Bologna, gramigna with sausage is a standard and widespread menu merchandise in Bologna’s properties, eating places and trattorias. The best and most conventional model of this sauce solely has three components: sausage, tomatoes, and onion.
Having made this recipe plenty of occasions, I can safely say that it’s completely scrumptious regardless of its simplicity. In reality, it’s laborious to consider one other pasta dish which isn’t solely so easy however on the identical time hearty and filling, while being really easy to make.
Using sausage meat as an alternative of floor beef definitely provides depth of flavour. I’m certain that when you’ve tried it, will probably be a daily addition to your loved ones menu repertoire!
Gramigna is brief squiggly hole tubes of pasta, initially handmade however now largely made with an extruder.
This pasta was once solely eaten as a recent pasta however, these days, it’s also out there dried, though manufacturing is usually artisan and gramigna isn’t really easy to search out in retailers or supermarkets outdoors of Italy.
Nevertheless, you should buy gramigna on Amazon.com and there are additionally many artisan Italian pasta makers who’ve on-line retailers and can ship even small orders abroad.
Like many Italian pasta shapes, gramigna advanced over time, nonetheless this isn’t an historical sort of pasta. When extruded, the recent selfmade and dry manufacturing facility variations look related, however the selfmade pasta tends to be much less uniform and really barely much less squiggly!
- Gramigna: You need to use each recent or dried gramigna. Another various sorts of pasta are fusilli, elbow marconi and even spaghetti.
- Sausage: Use an Italian pork sausage; these sausages are properly seasoned with spices and add a ton of taste to the sauce.
- White Wine: Use a dry white wine; this helps reduce by means of the richness of the sausage mince, including extra stability and total flavors. Some nice dry white wines embody Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. If you wish to use an Italian dry white wine, you should use an Italian Pinot Grigio.
- Tomatoes: Use good-quality passata or sieved tomatoes; one in every of my favorites is San Marzano.
- Parmigiano: I used Parmigiano Reggiano for this recipe, however you might additionally use Grana Padano. They each work finest freshly grated, though you should use pre-grated if you’re in a rush.
There are different variations of this sausage sauce other than the easy 3-ingredient one I used within the recipe. Some folks embody cream or milk, garlic, rosemary or different herbs and celery or carrots. I’ve additionally made a model with sausage, peas and cream which is absolutely good. Nevertheless, this recipe is for the only model.
Step by Step Directions
1) Decase the sausages by making a shallow lengthways reduce alongside the sausage from high to backside. Gently push the sausage mince out of the casing and onto a chopping board.
2) After all of the sausages are decased, roughly chop the mince meat till it’s in small chunks after which place in a bowl.
3) In a big sauté or frying pan, soften the onions for 4 to five minutes. As soon as softened, add the sausage mince meat.
4) Brown the minced meat within the pan; this could take round 4 to five minutes.
5) Add white wine and deglaze the pan by scrapping any brown bits of the underside with a wood spoon. Cut back for 3 to 4 minutes, then style to season with salt and pepper.
6) Combine within the passata and go away to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes (mixing often and including a splash of water or white wine if the sauce will get to dry).
7) Whereas the sauce is simmering, convey a big pot of water to a boil. Generously season with salt and permit it to return to a boil. As soon as boiling, add the Gramigna and cook dinner to al dente, following the packet’s directions.
8) As soon as the gramigna is cooked, pressure it in a colander and add it to the pasta sauce.
9) Combine the gramigna with the sausage pasta sauce and cook dinner for an extra minute whereas mixing the pasta.
10) Serve instantly with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Should you do do that gramigna with sausage recipe, I’d love to listen to what you suppose. Please write a remark right here on the weblog or submit a touch upon the Pasta Venture Fb web page. There are additionally extra tasty Italian sausage pasta recipes to decide on subsequent.
Gramigna alla Salsiccia (Sausage)
This gramigna pasta recipe from Bologna is without doubt one of the easiest sausage pasta recipes to make! It solely has 3 foremost components but it surely’s actually tasty, hearty and filling! An ideal favorite with kids right here in Italy.
- 14 oz Gramigna (400g) dried will take longer to cook dinner than recent
- 16 oz Pork sausages (450g) Italian
- 1 medium Onion peeled and finely diced
- 1 glass White wine
- 20 oz Tomato passata (500g)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano (50g)
- Salt to cook dinner the pasta and to style
- Black pepper to style
Take away the pores and skin from the sausage and chop into chunks.
Fry the onion in olive oil till it begins to melt
Add the sausage meat and proceed cooking till it begins to brown.
Add the white wine and cook dinner for an extra jiffy.
Add salt and pepper to style.
Put water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt as soon as it begins to boil.
Add the passata or chopped tomatoes and simmer the sauce for 20-25 minutes ( If it will get too dry you possibly can pour in just a little water or extra wine)
Cook dinner the pasta al dente in response to the directions on the packet.
When the pasta is cooked and strained add it to the sauce and cook dinner all the pieces collectively for an extra minute, stirring the sauce into the pasta.
Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- You’ll be able to season the prepared dish additional if required with parsley or peperoncino flakes. ( We added some peperoncino!)
- One other option to spice it up is so as to add just a little Nduja if you find yourself cooking the sausage.
- Should you don’t have gramigna this dish remains to be scrumptious with different quick pasta corresponding to fusilli, elbow macaroni and even spaghetti.
- Tomato passata might be swapped with recent peeled and chopped tomatoes
Extra sausage pasta recipes:
Pin for Later:
If you’re concerned with studying how you can make selfmade pasta and various kinds of gnocchi, try my store web page for some nice video on-line programs from my pals in Rome! Nothing beats studying to make pasta from Italians! Plus whilst you’re there why not order a duplicate of one in every of my pasta recipes cookbook!?
[…] Lastly, I cook dinner it on an common Friday and with the incorrect sauce (defrosted pesto as an alternative of sausages as a result of I’m exhausting the contents of the […]