1. What they are saying
This proper right here is the seventh batch of single malt from the Aberlour distillery to be independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Firm! We’re no none the wiser as to why the chap within the high room of Aberlour’s Mash Tun resort appears so scared. Will we ever know? It’s a query for the ages… Whereas we ponder it, how about we get pleasure from some tasty Speyside single malt!?
Batch 7 is a launch of three,421 bottles.
2. Official tasting notes
- Nostril: Vanilla-rich malt with brown sugar and inexperienced apple freshness. A touch of lower grass, too.
- Palate: Milk chocolate, sultana and grist. A touch of peaches in syrup beneath.
- End: Contemporary citrus peels and a touch of almond.
- ABV 49.6%
- Age 9 Years Outdated
- Bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Firm
- Bottling Batch 7
- Cask Undisclosed
- Class Single malt scotch whisky
- Price £75
- Origin Aberlour Distillery
- Area Speyside, Scotland
- Launched 2018
4. What I say
An independently bottled Aberlour from That Boutique-Y whisky Firm. I keep in mind shopping for Batch 1 a very long time in the past because it was arduous to come back by Aberlour bottled independently on the time. That is Batch 7 and like related latest TBWC batches carries the 9 yr age assertion and is probably going a vatting of a parcel of casks because it produced over 3,000 500ml bottles, from the color I’m guessing refill Bourbon matured?
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Color White wine gold (5/20) quite a few, medium-fine tears and legs.
- Nostril Candy apples, calvados, apple pie, apple strudel, delicate cereals and sugars, grassy hay, some honey and floral apple blossom.
- Style Tender sugary and fruity, medium-light bodied, honey, apple, coconut, toasted oak and vanilla, malty barley, some pear and lemon citrus too.
- End Medium-long, drying oak wooden, apples, delicate black pepper, barely vaporous however stays candy.
Typical Aberlour, punchy recent apples and pears, delicate cereals and a few woody oak, what extra may you need?
7. Rating 83/100